Saturday, May 10, 2008

very talented Pop artist has released him latest CD titled United States Of Mind and Wow! It's good.I wish it weren’t the case but, it’s not everyday that I get a CD from an artist that I can just pop in and comfortably listen to from beginning to end. There is usually a song or two that I just can’t force myself to get through. Not at all the case with United States Of Mind. Every track is enjoyable and was pretty easy for me to listen to from start to finish.These days it’s a very rare CD on which every single song is good or better than the one before it. This CD is certainly one of those rare CDs.Listen to this CD and I believe you’ll find there's not much to dis-like about it. The songs are inspired, the production is simply outstanding, and Horace Silver is clearly in top form. So much so that if you're even mildly into Pop music you'll enjoy this CD.While the entire CD is really very good some of my favorites are track 6 - disc 1 - Permit Me To Introduce You To Yourself, track 9 - disc 2 - How Much Does Matter Really Matter, and track 14 - disc 2 - SummaryMy Bonus Pick, and the one that got Sore [...as in "Stuck On REpeat"] is track 1 - That Healin’ Feelin’. It’s a great track!United States Of Mind Release Notes:Horace Silver originally released United States Of Mind on October 5, 2004 on the Blue Note Records label.CD Track List Follows:DISC 1: 1. That Healin' Feelin' 2. Happy Medium, The 3. Show Has Begun, The 4. Love Vibrations 5. Peace 6. Permit Me To Introduce You To Yourself 7. Wipe Away the Evil 8. Nobody Knows 9. There's Much To Be Done 10. Acid, Pot Or Pills 11. What Kind Of Animal Am I 12. Won't You Open Up Your Senses 13. I've Had A Little Talk 14. Soul Searchin' DISC 2: 1. Big Business 2. I'm Aware Of The Animals Within Me 3. Old Mother Nature Calls 4. Total Response 5. Merger Of The Minds, The 6. Cause And Effect 7. Forever Is A Long Long Time 8. My Soul Is My Computer 9. How Much Does Matter Really Matter 10. Horn Of Life 11. Who Has The Answer 12. From the Heart Through The Mind 13. All 14. SummaryPersonnel: Horace Silver (piano); Andy Bey, Salome Bey, Gail Nelson (vocals); George Coleman , Harold Vick, Houston Person (tenor saxophone); Randy Brecker, Cecil Bridgewater (trumpet).

No comments: